Whether agriculture, eartmoving or construction machines: it is always necessary to handle surely enormous forces which are demanding everything from people and equipment.
Many advantages are also provided in this sector by the use of the SBW technology:
– automatically (autonomous) driving in combination with precision navigation
– control behaviour is being automatically adapted to the speed
– the straight-ahead behaviour will be significantly improved whereby the steering activity will be reduced and the driver considerable be relieved.
– By the operator selectable different steering charakteristics for road travel and work effort.
– Optimum transmission concerning steering ratio and – forces
– no hydraulic pipings between vehicle cabin/control stand and the actuators
– improved fuel economy
– fail safe → fail operational – the steering system remains completely functional even in the event of a failure or interruption of the power supply of the main control circuit beyond the safety-relevance required minimum period.
– fail-safe emergency control in the case of a power loss
– lower installation effort, especially for vehicles with longer distances between steering wheel and steering axle.
– freedom of design